Friday, June 11, 2010

What kind of national leaders do I want?

It seem like the most obviously choice for the MRT station to be the interchange, for the most number of line should be Raffles Place. Since that is the financial hub and the place where the most number of people work, however in reality it is Dhoby Ghaut MRT station.

I was discussing this subject with my wife, and the conclusion I had, is because it may be better to have it there so as to diversify the concentration of people in the City Central itself.

She sort of agree with me, but says that the MRT company did not do it in the past with the first east-west and north-south line. Most stations seem to be right in the middle of the population. She conclude that since they only do it now, now must be the best time to spread them.

To me, a good government should not have its priority to seek the present comfort of the people, but its priority should be the future development to prosper its people. I do not mean that the government ignore the needs and comfort of its people in its present stage, but I mean that the government should place its first priority in it.

Thus it may be not comfortable for the people to start with MRT station being not in the middle of the most crowded places, but it may be better for future development to use the MRT station location in a bid to spread the people a bit. Thus I think it is possible that our government (who I believe approve the location of the MRT station after much analyzing) makes a mistake in the past; and now is smart to learn from its mistake and use Dhoby Ghaut as the bigger interchange station.

However my wife disagree that the government could ever make a mistake. Which got me angry, but thinking....

Do I want a governing body(leader) that does not ever feel that they have made any mistake? The truth is everyone, every organization will make mistake. Nobody is perfect. (Of course it does not mean that our government say they have never make a mistake, it can just mean I have never heard it.)